“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.”
– The Buddha
J. got it first, poor guy, and just when he was struggling free of it, bam! I woke up Saturday morning with a fever and chills and it all went south from there. No amount of vitamin C could put a crack in this thing and I ended up taking both Monday and Tuesday off of work – an unprecedented event.
Anyway, I may still not have hearing in my left ear, my throat may be clogged with gunk, and every time I stand up I may feel dizzy, but you should have seen the pile of work on my desk when I got in this morning! I really couldn’t have left it another day. Also, most daytime television is pretty terrible and I didn’t think I had it in me to watch The Price is Right one more time.
Small Dog’s Tips for Curing the Plague:
- Airborne. I don’t care what anybody says, my clan swears by this stuff.
- Per Mum’s strict training, drink a large glass of water or orange juice every hour, on the hour to keep you hydrated and to clear out the grossness.
- Watch Jane Austen movies, or old black and white classics (my preference? The Women – the 1939 version, avoid the 2008 remake like the very plague you are trying to expel).
- Ricolaaaaaaaaa cough drops.
- Chicken soup, not just for the soul.
Hope your weekend was a little more perky than mine. What did you do? Share and cheer me up a bit?