“Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men’s blood… Make big plans; aim high in hope and work.”
– Daniel Burnham
What have I been doing, you ask? Well, inquiring minion, as it so happens today I:
– Hired nine people, and outfitted them with gear
– Fired three
– Put two months’ worth of records into their proper databases
– Spent my lunch break working on the Mysterious Project!
– Fixed a major problem with our storage area
– Organized a last minute series of tasks for a training event
– Wrangled the office of IT and won
– Processed raises for worthy student employees (the unworthy ones are thrown to the lions)
– Cleared out my inbox
– Performed triage on a breakdown in Federal and local program communication
– Fingerprinted a significant chunk of the School of Social Work
Here’s the thing, as awesome as I feel typing all that out, the truth is the pace I’m currently sustaining is only possible because I know I’m leaving in a couple months and because I got a double shot in the arm from the new year and the MP. The first week of the term is rough, kittens, there are no two ways about it.
Pity my replacement, she’s going to be thrown into the deep end.
Chocolate. Chocolate and enthusiasm power us through until March.