“The Christmas season has come to mean the period that the public plays Santa Claus to the merchants.”
– John Andrew Holmes
Black Friday is not really something I participate in, I’ll occasionally venture out (closer to noon than midnight) but it’s no different for me than any other weekend shopping except the people are ruder and all have a look of unmasked panic flitting across their faces.
But. This year J. and I were tipped off early to Amazon.com’s sales. BIG mistake!
– Five DVDs
– 80% of my inbox is shipping emails from Amazon
– Two packages received already
– One sore clicker finger
– Fourteen other books “Saved To Buy Later”
– Six squeals of excitement while clicking through site
– Nine heart-rending decision about what to buy and not buy
– Four times I’ve checked my shipping status since breakfast